Delicous Vegetarian Sliders.
We welcomed 2014 with these delicious vegetarian sliders made with our black bean based havana ajo fresh spread. These crowd pleasing sliders are a breeze to make. Here is how to make them at home:
Ingredients for patties:
- Havana Ajo fresh spread by GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD – 225 g
- Potatoes boiled and mashed – 1 lb
- Boiled brown rice – ¼ cup
- Chopped white onion – ½ cup
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno – deseed to remove heat
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients for sliders:
- Slider buns
- Pico de gallo
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Mix all the ingredients for sliders together except oil. Taste for salt and add more as needed.
- Make small golf ball size balls with the dough and pat them to make tiny sliders. (rub some oil on your hands to prevent sticking)
- In a non-stick or a cast iron pan shallow fry the sliders till done.
- To assemble, on toasted slider buns place some grated cheese on the bottom, place the slider and top it up with pico de gallo.
About havana ajo fresh spread
havana ajo is a Cuban flavours inspired fresh spread made with black beans, cilantro, tomato and lime infused with smoky cumin.