Sweet Potato Vindaloo.
This is an original recipe created by GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD to balance out the heat in our fiery vindaloo fresh simmer sauce with the mild sweetness in sweet potatoes. This is one of my favourite recipes because of its yin and yang nature and the super food qualities of sweet potatoes. Here’s how you can make your own sweet potato vindaloo within 10 minutes.
- Vindaloo fresh simmer sauce by GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD (250ml)
- 2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Two tsp oil (I used coconut oil)
- Salt to taste
- Cook sweet potatoes using a microwave or oven.
- Microwave for ~5 minutes or until you can easily insert a toothpick in the sweet potatoes.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sweet potato cubes and shallow fry till they develop some brown spots and crispy texture (~3 minutes).
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Toss with a little oil and roast at 400 F for ~20 minutes.
- Add Vindaloo fresh simmer sauce (in pan) and let it simmer till water evaporates (~2 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add salt to taste / if needed
Vindaloo fresh simmer sauce
The vindaloo fresh simmer sauce is inspired by Indian flavours and is seasoned with chilies and vinegar. Vindaloo is one of the spiciest Indian curries and is especially popular in Goa, India. It was brought to India by the Portuguese and is traditionally cooked with lamb.