Spicy Cauliflower Tacos
Chiltomate is a tangy and spicy sauce traditionally made with tomatoes, onions and habanero peppers. It is a staple in southeastern Mexico and goes great with Yucatán dishes. I have been so much in love with chile de arbol (used in our oaxaca arbol fresh spread) that I had to try chiltomate with the tiny but fiery arbols. After several revisions and taste tests, I am happy to introduce GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Chiltomate Fresh Mexican Sauce made with chile de arbol. This versatile sauce is great for making tacos, enchiladas, Mexican rice, huevos rancheros and for slow cooking meats.
Here is a recipe for Cauliflower Tacos made with our chiltomate fresh Mexican sauce (serves 3-4).
- Chiltomate Fresh Mexican sauce by GOO FOOD FOR GOOD (250 ml)
- 1lb cauliflower florets (small)
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6-8 tortillas
- Salsa, guacamole, cheese or any other garnish of your choice
- Stir fry cauliflower florets with oil and salt till you see some brown spots develop.
- Add the chiltomate sauce and cook till cauliflower is well coated (~3 minutes).
- Serve over warm corn tortillas with salsa and guacamole or any garnish of your choice.