Kale and Mushroom Enchiladas.
Chiltomate is a very versatile Mexican cooking sauce and great for making tacos, enchiladas, Mexican rice, huevos rancheros and for slow cooking meats. Here’s how you can make spicy enchiladas with kale and mushroom in a few easy steps.
- Chiltomate fresh Mexican sauce by GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD (250 ml)
- 250 g chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- 150 g mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oil
- 6-8 tortillas
- Queso fresco or cheddar cheese (grated)
- Fresh cilantro
- In a pan, stir fry kale, garlic and mushrooms with salt and oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Warm up tortillas on a skillet so they are soft and pliable.
- Place 3 spoons of kale and mushroom stir-fry in the middle of the tortilla and roll. Place the role in the baking dish. Repeat step for the remaining tortillas.
- Cover the rolls with chiltomate sauce
- Sprinkle generous amount of cheese and bake till cheese is melted and bubbly
- Garnish with cilantro
Chiltomate fresh Mexican sauce
Chiltomate is a tangy and spicy sauce inspired by the Yucatecan cuisine of southeastern Mexico. GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Chiltomate uses chile de arbol to create a unique and distinctive flavour.