Sunshine Stew – Kale and Sweet Potatoes in Coconut Curry.
Gloomy days like today make me want to eat food that will compensate for the lack of sunshine. Today I created “sunshine stew” for my family with sweet potato, kale and GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce. This delicious stew not only reminds me of the tropics (thanks to the star ingredient coconut) but also comes loaded with energy and mood boosting vitamins (thanks to superfoods kale and sweet potato).
Kale – the queen of greens is packed with nutrition. A cup of chopped kale contains 33 calories and 9% of the daily value of calcium, 206% of vitamin A, 134% of vitamin C, and a whopping 684% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
Sweet Potatoes are loaded with Vitamin B6, C &D. They are also a great source of minerals like Iron and magnesium.
GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce is also loaded with healing ingredients like ginger, garlic, turmeric, tomato and many more.
- Coconut curry Fresh Simmer Sauce by GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD (250ml)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. oil of your choice
- Microwave sweet potato for 2 minutes till its partially done
- Stir-fry cubed sweet potato in oil.
- Add kale to the pan and cook till its almost done (~2 minutes).
- Add the Coconut curry and water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Garnish and serve over rice or with your favourite bread
Want To Grow Your Own Kale?
Kale is a very hardy plant and thus easy to grow, even in our harsh Canadian climate. Check out this DIY guide to growing kale by Clive Harris.