Pulled Butter Chicken Tacos with Coriander-Mint Yogurt Sauce.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
With summer in full swing spending time in the kitchen can feel like a chore. When the weather outside is beautiful and the family schedule is packed with sports and activities for the kids the last thing any of us want to do is spend time worrying about what’s for dinner. Here is an easy, fun twist on the classic Butter Chicken dish that the whole family can enjoy.
- GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Butter Chicken Fresh Simmer Sauce, 2 bottles, (2 x 250 mL)
- Chicken/Vegetable stock, 1 ½ cups (375 mL)
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 8 pcs.
- Black pepper, ground
- Taco shells
Coriander-Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Fresh coriander (also known as cilantro), 2 ½ tbsp. (37 mL)
- Fresh mint, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Plain Balkan style yogurt, 1 cup (250 mL)
- Using the back of a spoon, spread ¾ of a jar of butter chicken cooking sauce on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in crockpot.
- Pour remaining butter chicken sauce and chicken stock into crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, finely chop the coriander and mint and combine in a bowl with the 1 cup (250 mL) of Balkan style yogurt. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is cooked and falling apart, use two sets of tongs or two forks to pull the chicken thighs apart to create strand like pieces.
- To serve, place pulled butter chicken in a taco shell and top with the coriander-mint yogurt sauce.
Chef’s Tip If tacos aren’t your thing, try placing the pulled butter chicken and yogurt sauce in a tortilla and wrapping it like a burrito.
Recipe by Chef Katherine Sowden