Mini Quinoa Patties.
Here is a recipe for Meatless Monday cooking. These mini quinoa patties are loaded with the goodness of vitamins and protein and bursting with fresh mint and Indian flavours. Use them as an easy appetizer or a quick main for a busy weeknight.
Servings: 6-8 mini patties
Preparation & Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Quinoa cooked 3/4 cup
- GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Mumbai Mint Fresh Spread 1/2 cup
- Chopped fresh spinach 1/4 cup
Cilantro Mint Chutney (Optional)
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 Serrano pepper
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Form small balls slightly smaller then the golf ball and flatten them slightly
- Add 1 tbs of oil in the pan and when it’s hot shallow fry the cakes.
- Be careful with the amount of oil, since these don’t have any binders like egg or flour the patties tend to fall apart if there is excess oil.
I served the patties with cilantro mint chutney that is super easy to make.
Coriander Mint Chutney
- Blend all ingredients in a blender
- Add a little water to make it easy to blend
Mumbai Mint is an Indian inspired fresh spread that is hand made in Toronto from organic chickpeas, fresh mint leaves, lime juice, tamarind, organic extra virgin olive oil and many Indian spices.