- 1 Baguette, slice into ½ in. thick
- 6 tbsp (45 mL) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (125 mL) Feta cheese, ⅛ in. dice or crumbled
- 1 each Lemon, zest, half the juice
- 5 tbsp (22 mL) Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 8 each Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 (225 g) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Bunol Asado Fresh Spread
- To taste Crushed pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Place slices pieces of baguette on a baking sheet. Using 4 tbsp (60 mL) of the extra virgin olive oil, brush each piece of bread lightly with oil.
- Place bread into preheated oven and bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and golden brown in colour.
- In a small bowl, combine feta cheese, the zest of 1 lemon, the juice of half a lemon, Kalamata olives, basil leaves, the remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) of extra virgin olive oil and pepper. Stir well to mix.
- To assemble the bruschetta, spread approximately 1 tbsp of GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Bunol Asado Fresh Spread on each slice of baguette and top each piece with approximately 1 tbsp of the feta cheese mixture.