Coconut Cashew Rice
- 1 jar (250 mL) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Coconut Curry Fresh Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup Basmati rice, rinsed well and soaked for 30 min
- ? cup Cashews
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a sauce pan add 1 jar of coconut curry and 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Drain the rice in a colander and add to the pot with salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil again.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to low and cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn off the flame and let it sit for 5 minutes covered.
- Uncover and fork the rice, add cashews and cilantro.
- Serve warm.
Chef’s Tip: Rinsing and soaking rice really helps in the cooking process and the end result. Make sure rice is rinsed till water runs clear. If using a rice cooker follow the cooker instructions, replace 1 cup water with GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Coconut Curry for the same results.