Vindaloo Roasted Squash.
I love mixing sweet and spicy flavours together – I often add sweet potato or squash to my spicy dishes or fruits to my salads with spicy dressings. A few days ago I tried Vindaloo with roasted squash and loved it! Just in time for the holidays, a recipe for roasted squash with a kick!
- 1 jar (250 mL) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Vindaloo Fresh Sauce
- 1 Kabocha squash, sliced length wise
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss squash slices in the oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or till they are fork tender.
- In a non stick pan place 3 roasted squash slices on medium heat, add 1/4 cup of sauce to the pan and toss the slices in the sauce.
- Cook for a few seconds on each side and remove from heat.
- Cook rest of the squash slices the same way.
- Alternatively, brush the sauce on slices on the baking sheet after they are done and bake again for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Recipe and photo by Richa Gupta