Spicy Mexican Beef Burger Sliders.
Servings: 12 sliders
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Lean ground beef – 1 lbs
- GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Chiltomate Mexican Sauce – 2/3 cup (160 mL)
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper, ground – to taste
- Lime, zest only – 1 piece
- In a large mixing bowl combine lean ground beef, Chiltomate sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and lime zest. Use hands to mix, ensuring ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a meatball shape, and then gently press down in the centre of the meatball to form a ¼ inch to ½ inch thick burger.
- Grill sliders on barbeque until they have reached an internal temperature of 71°C (160°F).
- To serve, place each slider on a bun and top with your favourite garnishes and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Recipe and photo by Katherine Sowden