Tofu and Red Pepper Curry.
This is my go to recipe on a busy night. This quick and delicious curry is ready in under 10 minutes, which is just what I need to make rice on the side.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Butter Chicken Sauce – 1 jar (250 ml)
- Firm tofu (pressed and cubed) or Paneer – 250g
- Red pepper – 1, deseeded and cubed
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Warm oil in a pan and stir fry peppers and Tofu ~ 3 minutes
- Add a jar of Butter Chicken cooking sauce and 1/4 jar water to the pan.
- Cook the sauce till you see bubbles on the side and sauce has reached the desired consistency ~ 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and cover to allow the tofu to absorb all the flavours ~ 3-4 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and cashew cream (optional)
I love the easy tips to cook tofu from Good Housekeeping magazine, especially pressing the tofu to get all that water out.
Recipe and photo by Richa Gupta