Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 2 lbs (910 g) Split chicken wings
- 1 cup (250 mL) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Chile de Arbol Sauce for Tacos
- As needed Oil
- (Optional) 2 tbsp (30 mL) Cilantro, chopped
- (Optional) To taste Lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place wings in a mixing bowl, add ½ cup (125 mL) of Chile de Arbol Sauce for Tacos to the bowl. Toss the wings with tongs until they are all coated with sauce.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes to allow the wings to marinate.
- Place the wire rack over the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with oil. Lay wings on the wire rack then place them into the oven.
- Cook wings for 20 minutes, remove from oven, flip wings and continue to cook them for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat comes away from the bone.
- Approximately 5 minutes before the wings are done, place ½ cup (125 mL) of Chile de Arbol Sauce for Tacos in a small saucepan and warm gently over low heat.
- Remove cooked wings from the oven and place in a bowl. Pour warmed Chile de Arbol Sauce for Tacos over the wings, toss to coat them and serve immediately.
- Optional garnishes include chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.
Recipe and photo by Katherine Sowden