Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas Verdes (Vegan).
Super easy to make and delicious, Enchilada Verde has become my family’s favorite! This is a vegan version and I used my favorite vegetable, sweet potato, and my go to protein, black beans. You can easily substitute with your favourite vegetable or protein.
- 1 jar (250 ml) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Tomatillo Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 cup Peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup Black beans, cooked
- 8 Small tortillas
- (Optional) Chopped cilantro
- Sauté sweet potatoes in a nonstick pan with some oil till almost done. (~3 minutes).
- Add Black beans and salt to taste.
- Warm up tortillas so they are pliable, add about 2 tbsp of sweetpotato and blackbean mix in each tortilla and roll it. Arrange in a baking dish with seal side down.
- Pour the sauce on top and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes till nice and bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro and your favorite “Cheez”
Vegetarian option: Add grated cheddar on top of tortillas before baking for cheesy enchiladas verdes.
Recipe and photo by Richa Gupta.