Rice and Beans
Rice and Beans, sounds simple but this is a delicious one pot meal inspired by Caribbean food. I gave this Caribbean classic Rice and Peas a new twist with or Mexican Ancho Chile sauce for Enchiladas and some spinach. I make these when I have some rice left over from day before, great to give new life to day old rice.
- 3 cups cooked long grain or basmati rice (day old is better)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Ancho Chile sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro or mint to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté spinach for 30 seconds.
- Add Beans, Rice and Salt and sauce for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and coat all the rice and Beans with the sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes till rice and Beans are warm enough.
- Garnish with lime juice and cilantro.