We are looking for a production wiz to take care of all things cooking! See the posting below.
Position: Production Specialist
Organization: GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD http://www.goodfoodforgood.ca
Start Date: March 1st 2017
Are you passionate about good food? Can you independently and reliably ensure that what needs to get done is done?
Good Food for Good is a social food enterprise that hopes to disrupt the industrial food system. We help Canadians who care about the ingredients and nutritional content of their food to enjoy high quality and delicious food at home without sacrificing convenience. Our offering includes fresh sauces, ketchup sweetened with dates, and loose leaf tea with turmeric. Good Food for Good stands for good food and good business. We make good food accessible to everyone, including those who cannot afford it. With every sale of our food we donate a meal to fight world hunger.
We are seeking an individual with a can-do attitude to lead the production of our artisanal food under the brands Good Food for Good and Turmeric Teas. In this role you will be overseeing all aspects of food production, driving the team to maintain quality and safety standards, and ensuring there is always available inventory to meet sales demands. The ideal candidate will have food handler certification and prior experience of working in a food production facility.
This is a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact to our growth (and your career) while championing the cause for good food/real food/local food/social business.
- Manage the production of food in small batches
- Plan and schedule staff (1-5) to assist in food production
- Procure ingredients/packaging needed for production
- Manage inventory of finished product, raw ingredients and packaging based on sales ?forecast
- Maintain records for organic and other industry certifications
- Ensure adherence to product quality and safety standards
- Assist in identifying opportunities to maximize productivity and asset utilization
- Assist in sourcing and managing key supplier relationships
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on overarching principles and ?guidelines
- Team management
- Microsoft Excel and Mac/PC
- Food handler certification (must-have)
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCAP (preferred)
- Based on skills & experience
- 30-40 hours per week
- Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE?• Feb 16, 2017
100 Amber Street, Markham ONTARIO
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com