Looking for a grain free vegan dish that is delicious, easy to make and loaded with protein? Look no further! I took inspiration from Oh She Glows Every Day by Angela Liddon. She is such an inspiration, I absolutely love her recipes.
The only thing that takes time is baking potatoes. You can always do them the night before and then warm it for 20 minutes at dinner time. So without much further ado, let’s get this delicious meal started.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, washed and brushed
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Ancho Chile Enchilada Sauce or if you like spicy try the Chile de Arbol Taco Sauce.
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup diced deseeded tomato
- Fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke several holes into each sweet potato and place on the baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes till they are fork tender.After baking let the potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare guacamole and black beans.
- Black Bean Sauce: In a shallow pan pour all the Enchilada sauce and black beans with 1/4 cup of water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Guacamole: Prepare guacamole by dicing the Avocado, add onions, tomato, salt to taste and lime juice.
- Assemble sweet potato: Slice each potato in half lengthwise like a hot dog bun leaving the bottom intact. Pour the saucy black beans in the middle and top it with fresh guacamole.
- Garnish with chopped pepper and cilantro.