Try this delicious organic, vegan and no added sugar version of pulled pork sandwich! And yes I said no added sugar – did you know most BBQ sauces have over 13g of sugar in a serving (2 tbsp)? 10 gummy bears have the same amount of sugar as traditional BBQ sauces. If you are avoiding or cutting down sugar you usually don’t think about the savoury food but savoury sauces are loaded with hidden sugars.
Try Good Food For Good BBQ sauce that is organic and is sweetened exclusively with dates with these pulled jackfruit sandwich and any of your favourite BBQ recipes.
- 1 can Organic raw jackfruit
- Good Food For Good BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Coleslaw (option)
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Drain and rinse jackfruit from the can and cook it in one cup of water covered for 15 minutes on medium heat till jackfruit is nice and soft.
- Mash the jackfruit with potato masher till it starts to look like pulled pork.
- Add ½ tsp salt and ½ bottle Good Food For Good BBQ sauce to the pulled jack fruit and mix well.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the jackfruit mix on a greased sheet pan and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once done transfer to a bowl. Add more BBQ sauce to make it nice and saucy if need be. Garnish with cilantro
- To assemble: Spoon the pulled jackfruit on warm buns and top with coleslaw and cilantro. You can also make it on lettuce leaves and top it with guacamole for a bun free sandwich.
At Good Food For Good we are on a mission to help you eat well and do good! We are a registered B-Corp and every time you purchase our sauces to eat well we donate a meal to feed someone in need. We are a Buy One, Feed One company.