- 1 cup Raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Diced onion
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil
- ¼ Cup Good Food For Good Spicy Ketchup or Classic Ketchup
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 lb Organic baby potatoes
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mix Ketchup, cumin, cayenne, salt and water and keep aside.
Pumpkin Seed Filling
- Soak pumpkin seeds in water over night or for at least 4 hours. Rinse and drain soaked pumpkin seeds and coarsely grind them in a food processor.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a heavy bottom pan and sauté onions till nice and golden.
- Add 1 tsp of garlic to the onions and cook for about 30 seconds stirring well.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and cook for another 30 seconds stirring well.
- Add the sauce and allow the mix to cook till the water is absorbed and all the flavours are combined well. Taste the mix and adjust the salt if needed.
- Rinse the baby potatoes and remove any blemishes.
- Boil potatoes in a heavy bottom pot till fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and keep aside.
- In a big bowl add 2 tbsp of Avocado oil, 1 tsp of grated garlic, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add all the potatoes in this bowl and coat them with oil and garlic mix.
- Preheat oven to 400F and get a baking tray ready.
- Smash the potatoes gently either with a big fork or potato masher. Top them with the pumpkin mix and bake for 20 minutes in the oven or till nice and golden.
- Top the smashed baby potatoes with a generous amount of pumpkin seed mix.
- Add a dollop of Ketchup and garnish with cilantro.