With the popularity of Mushroom burgers, we thought we would put our own spin on it. The portobello works so well as patty because of how juicy it is. Using a grill allows for that wonderful charred effect, which will please anyone in your family! Not to mention this recipe comes together in minutes, and packs wonderful plant goodness! Give it a try tonight!
Makes 4 portions
- 1 jar of Good Food For Good BBQ sauce
- 4 Portobello Caps
- 4 Vegan Keto buns
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 of onion
- Greens for garnishing (arugula or mixed greens work.)
- Radish for garnishing
Pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup of pineapple
- 1/4 cup of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- Cut 1/4 cup of pineapple, tomato, and red onion. Set aside.
- Brush your grill/pan with oil.
- Grill the portobello caps along with the onion until tender and can be pierced with a fork.
- Brush the portobello caps with our BBQ sauce.
- Assemble the burger by topping the Keto buns with pico de gallo, the portobello, onion, a drizzle of our BBQ sauce, greens, avocado, and garnish with radish.
This recipe is from our Ultimate Plant-Based Summer BBQ Guide which you can find here.