What is better than combining the benefits of Turmeric with the benefits of veggies? Virtually nothing! This recipe is so delicious and it incorporates Turmeric and Cauliflower to make Cauliflower Steaks. It is so flavorful and the Tahini Lemon Dressing is the cherry on top. one cauliflower head makes 2 steaks, so this is a perfect recipe for date night or if you’re feeling extra hungry! If you don’t believe us, give it a try!
- 1/4 TSP Turmeric
- 1/4 TSP Chilli Powder
- 1/2 TSP Garam masala
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes
Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of Tahini
- 2/3-3/4 cups of water
- 3 TBSP Lemon juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- Start off by cutting the cauliflower into steaks. One cauliflower head makes two steaks. Keep the remaining florets for use in other recipes!.
- Brush the Cauliflower steaks with avocado oil, and sprinkle the spice mixture on them. Apply salt to your liking.
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch rounds. Brush the eggplant rounds with oil.
- Grill the cauliflower on the grill or in a pan until cooked through. You can pierce it with a fork to check.
- Grill the eggplant rounds until cooked through.
- Assemble the salad with arugula, cherry tomatoes, and top with the cauliflower steak and eggplant rounds.
- Top with Tahini Lemon Dressing and cilantro.
This recipe is from our Ultimate Plant-Based Summer BBQ Guide which you can find here.