Have you ever tried a Canapé? It is a type of hors d’ouevre which consists of a piece of bread or cracker topped with a savoury food. A canapé is meant to be eaten in one bite, which makes it a perfect appetizer for you and your guests! Our canapé uses Avocado Crisps from Hippie Snacks, Jackfruit in our delicious Good Food For Good BBQ sauce, Culchered cheeze, avocado, and cilantro. It is so delicious that you’ll wish it was an actual entrée!
The reason we used young Jackfruit is because it is a great meat substitute! When it is still young, it is stringy and replicates the texture of pulled pork really well! We actually wrote an article about why Jackfruit is so great, find it here.
The Culchered cashew cheeze imparts creaminess to the dish, and The Avocado Crisps from Hippie Snacks provide that perfect crunch. But don’t just take our word for it, try it yourselves! Find the recipe below.
- 1 can organic raw jackfruit
- 1 jar of Good Food For Good BBQ Sauce
- 1 avocado
- Cilantro for garnish
- Culcherd cheese (Tree Nut Cheeze – Original)
- 1 bag of Avocado Crisps or your Hippie Snacks crackers of choice
- Drain and rinse jackfruit from the can and cook it in one cup of water covered for 15 minutes on medium heat till jackfruit is nice and soft.
- Mash the jackfruit with potato masher till it starts to look like pulled pork.
- Add ½ tsp salt and ½ bottle Good Food For Good BBQ sauce to the pulled jack fruit and mix well.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the jackfruit mix on a greased sheet pan and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Once done transfer to a bowl.
For The Canapé:
- Place Hippie Snack cracker on a plate
- Top with Jackfruit mix
- Add cashew cheese
- Top it off with a square of avocado
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle some more Good Food For Good BBQ sauce!