Cauliflower has become the new kale, everyone is looking at ways to add cauliflower in their diet these days. I am so glad Cauliflower’s time has finally arrived, it has been one of my favourite vegetable growing up. In my home we made Aloo Gobhi – curried potatoes and cauliflower very often and my Mom makes the best version of it. We also made cauliflower stuffed flat bread, another one of my favourite dishes of all times.
Today I am making a quick cauliflower dish that you can cook in under 15 minutes. Weeknight meals don’t have to be time consuming. You can make this flavourful vegan dish in 15 minutes. It is whole food plant based, sugar free, dairy free, paleo, keto friendly and whole30 too.
All you need is:
- 1 Head of cauliflower (medium size) and
- Good Food For Good organic Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and
- Salt (optional)
Cauliflower loves fat, whether roasting or sautéing in a pan, fat adds so much flavour to this humble vegetable. This is where we start.
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut or avocado oil to a pan, once oil is hot add the cauliflower florets to the pan and sauté till they get nice and golden, add more oil if needed.
- If the cauliflower has absorbed all the oil add the Butter chicken sauce and a cup of water to the pan with cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. If there is still oil in the pan, remove the cauliflower and add it to another pan with sauce and water.
- Once cooked, adjust salt if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with rice, couscous or your favourite bread.
- If you are doing Whole30/paleo or Keto enjoy as a side to your protein. With a big serving of greens.