Like tofu, tempeh is a soy-based product. It’s made by fermenting cooked soybeans and then forming the mixture into a firm, dense cake. Tikka Masala is a traditional Indian dish made with tandoori chicken, spices and yogurt. I have recreated a vegan version with tempeh.
It can be a meal on its own with salad or you could serve it with rice or naan or even on a sweet potato or cauliflower rice if you are avoiding grains.
You need only 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients to whip up this high protein, vegan weeknight dish.
- Tempeh (one pack) – rinsed and cut in cubes
- ½ red onion in ¾ inch cubes
- 1 Green pepper diced in ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce
- Salt (optional)
- I like my tempeh a bit crispy so I like to crisp it up a bit in a pan with 2tbsp oil.
- Once Tempeh looks crispy add Peppers and onions and sauté till they get some brown marks on high heat.
- Add 1 jar of Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce and 1 cup of water.
- Stir the sauce in the pan allow it to bubble on the edges.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice for a delicious low carb keto meal. (I added a bit of salt, lemon and cilantro to my steamed cauliflower rice and it tasted great)
Other Serving Suggestions:
- If you consume poultry you can replace tempeh with chicken.
- You could also serve it with Naan, rice, quinoa or couscous.
- I also added it on top of roasted sweet potato and it was delish!