Looking for a delicious way to get more vegetables into your diet? Try substituting your rice for cauliflower rice—IT’S DELICIOUS! We’re even adding a cup of pumpkin seeds to the cauliflower rice mix for a more nutritious packed dish.
Why You Should Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutritional value. Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may help protect against disease and reduce inflammation. They are also high in magnesium, which is important for blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health (Healthline). A 28g serving of pumpkin seeds has 7g of protein, 5 g of carbohydrate and 13g of good fats (6 of which are omega-6s). This is why I like to sneak them in in a lot of my recipes. Consider regularly including pumpkin seeds into your diet!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Lime
TIP: You could buy packed pre-grated cauliflower in your local grocery stores.
- Grate cauliflower head on a cheese grater (mostly the floret part, you can saute or roast the stalk).
- In a bowl, mix grated cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and salt to taste in a bowl. Microwave bowl for 5 minutes. Let it sit for 1 minute.
- Chop and add cilantro to the cauliflower. Squeeze lime over the dish and mix together.
Voila! It’s easy as 1-2-3!
Make a difference now:
- Share this story with your friends and family!
- Try our recipe for a healthy meal and let us know how you liked it at the comment section below!