TACO’bout a perfect party dish! There’s something about tacos that make them so fun to eat! Maybe what makes it fun to eat is eating them with your hands, trying not to spill the toppings, or building your own taco style.
But this recipe will give you more reasons to love tacos! It’s quick, easy, nutritious and affordable they are to make. It just takes 15 minutes to make this nutrient packed taco party!
Why You Should Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Did you know that pumpkin seeds are great for your health?
Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber. Diets high in fiber are associated with many health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity. Pumpkin seeds are also a good high in zinc and magnesium — both of which help promote good sleep. Also, studies show that pumpkin seeds may reduce symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder (Healthline). These are a few reasons why pumpkin seeds are important to add to your diet!
Base: Corn tortillas
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Spicy Taco Sauce
- Coarsely grind pumpkin seeds in a grinder.If you don’t have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Dice red onion and saute with pumpkin seeds on a pan under medium heat.
- Pour in 1 jar of Good Food For Good Taco Sauce. Fill the empty Good Food For Good jar halfway with water, shake and pour. Add salt to taste and mix. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- For beautiful char marks, warm corn tortillas over an open flame on a gas stove or on a hot skillet. Flip over and wrap in a sheet of foil to keep warm.
- Put 1 spoon of pumpkin seed filling on each tortilla.
- Layer with guacamole, salsa and microgreens. Squeeze lime over taco to taste.
TIP: To rewarm or soften hardened your corn tortillas, wrap a stack of 4 in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
Good Food For Good Taco Sauce
- No Preservatives or Additives
- No Added Sugar | Refined Sugar Free
- No Gluten Ingredients
- Non GMO
- Low Salt
- Soy Free | Corn Free
Spicy Taco or Enchilada sauce inspired by the cuisine from Yucatan region in Mexico. Super versatile cooking sauce that can be used not only in Tacos, Enchiladas but also soups and rice. It doubles up as a salsa if you like it hot!
Made with fresh, whole and organic ingredients each jar of our cooking sauce is loaded with organic fresh vegetables. And each jar also feeds a hungry person in need through our Buy One, Feed One program.
Make a difference now:
- Share this story with your friends and family!
- Try our recipe for a healthy meal and let us know how you liked it at the comment section below!