A sumptuous bowl to fuel you through the day. This plant-based power bowl features eggplant simmered in a no added sugar sweet & spicy BBQ sauce. It’s complimented with cauliflower rice and pumpkin seeds, for a surely nutritious bowl!
Why You Should Eat Eggplants
Did you know that eggplant provides a good amount of fiber, vitamins and minerals in a few amount of calories? They are also are high in anthocyanins, a pigment with antioxidant properties that can protect against cellular damage. Eggplants are also high in fiber and polyphenols, both of which may help reduce blood sugar levels. These are only a few of its known health benefits (Healthline).
4 baby eggplants or 1/2 big eggplant ( I find Baby Eggplants much firmer)
- Grate cauliflower head on a cheese grater or use a pre-grated cauliflower pack from your local grocery stores.
- In a bowl, mix grated cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and salt to taste in a bowl. Microwave bowl for 5 minutes. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Chop and add cilantro to the cauliflower. Squeeze lime over the dish and mix together.
- Cut baby eggplant into cubes and air fry them or sauté in a pan under medium heat with a touch of olive, avocado or coconut oil.
- Toss the roasted or sautéed eggplant with Good Food For Good Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce (use as much as needed, start with ¼ cup)
- Fill 1/3 of a bowl with cauliflower rice, 1/3 with arugula and 1/3 with BBQ Eggplant.
- Top with sliced avocados and salsa.
- Garnish with microgreens.