It’s a fiesta in a bowl—and it takes just 15 minutes to make! Though Whole30 allows for meat in your diet, we’re making this bowl with all plant-based ingredients. This recipe substitutes meat for pumpkin seeds, an affordable and protein-packed alternative!
Why You Should Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutritional value. Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may help protect against disease and reduce inflammation. They are also high in magnesium, which is important for blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health. Nutrients in pumpkin seeds also may help keep your heart healthy by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol (Healthline). Consider regularly including pumpkin seeds into your diet!
1/2 red onion
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Grate cauliflower head on a cheese grater or use a pre-grated cauliflower pack from your local grocery stores.
- In a bowl, mix grated cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and salt to taste in a bowl. Microwave bowl for 5 minutes.
- Chop and add cilantro to the cauliflower. Squeeze lime over the dish and mix together.
- Coarsely grind pumpkin seeds in a grinder. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Dice red onion and saute with pumpkin seeds on a pan under medium heat .
- Pour in 1 jar of Good Food For Good Taco Sauce. Fill the empty Good Food For Good jar halfway with water and pour. Add salt to taste and mix. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slice peppers into vertical strips. Sear on a skillet or grill pan until they’re tender and crisp. Add salt and peppers to taste.
- In a bowl, place cauliflower rice in ¼ of the bowl. Fill another ¼ with the pumpkin seed mix, ¼ with fajita peppers, and ¼ with chopped lettuce.
- Top lettuce with salsa and avocado slices.
- Garnish with microgreens.