Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks In 15 Min
It’s a fiesta in a bowl—and it takes just 15 minutes to make! Though Whole30 allows for meat in your diet, we’re making this bowl with all plant-based ingredients. This recipe substitutes meat for pumpkin seeds, an affordable and protein-packed alternative!
- 1 table
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Spicy Taco Sauce
- Grated cauliflower
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fajita peppers
- Iceberg lettuce
- Salsa Microgreens
For Cauliflower Rice
- Grate cauliflower head on a cheese grater or use a pre-grated cauliflower pack from your local grocery stores.
- In a bowl, mix grated cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and salt to taste in a bowl. Microwave bowl for five minutes.
- Chop and add cilantro to the cauliflower.
- Squeeze lime over the dish and mix together.
- Coarsely grind pumpkin seeds in a grinder. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Dice red onion and sauté with pumpkin seeds on a pan under medium heat.
- Pour in 1 jar Good Food For Good Spicy Taco Sauce.
- Fill the empty jar halfway with water and pour.
- Add salt to taste and mix. Let simmer for five minutes.
For Fajita Peppers
- Slice peppers into vertical strips.
- Sear on a skillet or grill pan until they’re tender and crisp.
- Add salt and peppers to taste.
- In a bowl, place cauliflower rice in ¼ of the bowl.
- Add ¼ with pumpkin seed mix, ¼ with fajita peppers, and ¼ with chopped lettuce.
- Top lettuce with salsa and avocado slices.
- Garnish with micro greens.
Good Food For Good Spicy Taco sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving. Now you can enjoy the flavor you crave without the bad stuff.
WHY YOU SHOULD EAT PUMPKIN SEEDS:Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutritional value. Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may help protect against disease and reduce inflammation. They are also high in magnesium, which is important for blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health. Nutrients in pumpkin seeds also may help keep your heart healthy by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol. Consider regularly including pumpkin seeds into your diet!