Main Course/ Gluten-Free/ Whole30
Serves 4 | Cooks In 25 Min
Easy chicken tikka masala recipe that is also paleo, keto and whole30 approved. To make this recipe, tandoori chicken, marinated in yogurt and spices, is added to the sauce. We simmered it on low heat to allow the tandoori chicken morsels to absorb the creamy sauce. It usually has chunks of pepper and red onion in it too. Traditionally, tikka masala sauces uses yogurt and tomatoes as a base to make them creamy and tangy, and spice it with whole warming spices like cloves, black pepper, to name a few. We made this recipe with our homemade style Tikka Masala Sauce, loaded with flavor instead of sugar, additives and dairy.
- 1 table spoon oil of your choice, we use organic coconut oil
- 16 oz of cubed chicken thighs or 16oz of cubed extra firm tofu
- 1 jar of Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce
- ½ pepper cubed
- ½ red onion cubed
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté onion and peppers till slightly golden brown on the edges for three minutes. Be careful to not overcook. If using cast iron pan add a bit more oil. Remove from the pan.
- Add chicken or tofu and sauté till golden brown on all sides for approximately five minutes.
- Add the whole jar of Good Food For Good's Tikka Masala Sauce, fill the empty jar with water, roughly ½ cup, to get all the goodness out and add that to the pan.
- Simmer for a five min till sauce has reached the desired consistency. Add the sautéed peppers and onions.
- Serve with cauliflower rice.
Good Food For Good Tikka Masala sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 20 calories/2g of net carbs per serving. It uses just a touch of dates for sweetness keeping total sugar to be 2g per serving of ¼ cup of sauce.
If you have extra time you can marinate chicken or tofu overnight or up to 12 hours in a tandoori marinade. Use the following ingredients.
- 1 table spoon grated garlic
- 1 table spoon grated ginger
- 1 tea spoon paprika
- ½ tea spoon coriander
- ½ tea spoon cumin
- 2 table spoon lime/lemon juice
- 1 table spoon avocado oil
- ¼ tea spoon salt
- ¼ tea spoon fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Whole30 Chicken Tikka Masala: Recipe above is perfect for Whole30 diet, use cauliflower rice.
- Vegan Tikka Masala: Replacing tofu for chicken makes a super delicious vegan tofu tikka masala. Serve it with a good vegan naan or a serving of basmati rice.
- Keto/ Vegan Tikka Masala: Tofu is a great replacement for this easy Keto vegan meal, serve with cauliflower rice and you will be enjoying a delicious low carb Indian food in minutes.
- Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala: Recipe above is perfect for Paleo diet, use cauliflower rice to devour this easy Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala recipe.