Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks in 30 minutes
Jackfruit is the meatiest vegetable that you can get. No other vegetable resembles pulled pork as good as jackfruit does. Since it does not have too much of its own flavour, it can take flavour of any sauce or spices you add. This jackfruit recipe is great on endive, on lettuce or even on a salad.
- 1 can organic raw jackfruit
- 1/2 bottle Good Food for Good BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup water
- Chopped avocado to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Drain and rinse jackfruit from the can and cook it in one cup of water covered for 15 minutes on medium heat until jackfruit is nice and soft.
- Mash the jackfruit with a potato masher until it started to look like pulled pork.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 bottle Good Food for Good BBQ sauce to the pulled jack fruit and mix well.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the jackfruit mix on a greased sheet pan and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a bowl. Add more BBQ sauce to make it nice and saucy if need be. Garnish with cilantro
- To assemble, spoon the pulled jackfruit on clean endive leaves and garnish with avocado.
Our BBQ Sauce is made with all-organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving.