Main Course/ Whole 30/ Vegan
Serves 4 | Cooks in 25 Minutes
Lettuce wraps are a nutritious substitute for a tortilla base, perfect for Whole30 and Paleo diets. Lettuce begin the recipe.
- 1 jar of Good Food For Good Spicy Taco Sauce
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 table spoon avocado oil
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 red onion
- Pickled onions
Good Food For Good Spicy Taco sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving. Now you can enjoy the flavor you crave without the bad stuff.
For Prepare Sofrito
- Coarsely grind pumpkin seeds in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to a cast iron or non stick pan sauté diced red onion with pumpkin seeds on a pan under medium heat .
- Pour in 1 jar of Good Food for Good Spicy Taco Sauce. Fill the empty jar halfway with water and pour.
- Add salt to taste and mix.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry iceberg lettuce. Carefully separate leaves and arrange on serving plate.
- Put 1 spoon of pumpkin seed filling on each lettuce leaf.
- Layer with guacamole, salsa, pickled onions and micro greens.
- Squeeze lime over taco to taste.
You can use sunflower seeds if you have them handy or a mixture of seeds. Soaking them for 30 min prior to processing helps make the nutrients more bio available. You can use Good Food For Good Mild Taco Sauce if you prefer.