Chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican dish of fried tortillas smothered in green or red salsa until tender. They are finger licking good and very easy to make! Traditionally chilaquiles are served with fried eggs for breakfast along with black beans and/or shredded chicken. Here is a recipe for Chilaquiles Verde with GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Tomatillo Sauce and served with black bean salsa and a garnish of cilantro.
- 1 jar (250 ml) GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD Tomatillo Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 bag Tortilla chips, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 1/2 cup Chopped tomato
- ¼ cup Chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Pickled jalapenos
- To taste Salt for salsa
- To taste Lime for salsa
- (Optional) Chopped cilantro
- Warm up the sauce in a pan (~3 minutes).
- While sauce is warming up mix black beans, tomato, cilantro and jalapeños for salsa, season with salt and lime and set aside.
- In a non stick pan add the chips and then slowly start adding the sauce, cook chips in the sauce, making sure they are all well coated and until chips turn soft.
- Transfer to a plate and top it up with salsa.
Recipe and photo by Richa Gupta