Good Food For Good is an organic food company with two distinct goals, connected by the single belief that all people in the world deserve access to nutritious food. As a Social Enterprise and Certified B Corporation, we create products that make it easy to eat healthy at home, while supporting a greater mission to provide food to communities in need. Every sale from Good Food For Good’s line of flavourful sauces, condiments and healing turmeric tea blends, helps to subsidize meals for people who live in food insecurity. Our vegan products are free from allergens, refined sugar and preservatives, enabling local consumers to feed their families healthy, ethical and delicious food, while empowering families across the globe to do the same.
- Work Area: Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time or Part Time
- Career Status: Professional
- Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
The Production Associate will assist in the food production and logistics support of all our product lines. You will join a team that is recognized for making delicious foods with the cleanest food label in the industry. Specifically, you will take directions from the Production Manager to manufacture and store food products. Follow safe and efficient manufacturing practices. Pick, pack and ship customer orders. Record and maintain inventory levels. Assist in R&D of new products.
- Assist with all food production related activities:
- Production planning & preparation
- Setup & cleanup during / after production runs
- Packing, bottling and labelling of finished products
- Quality Assurance
- Prepare orders (cartons, pallets) for shipment
- Track and manage inventory
- Organize and optimize warehouse storage
- Maintain a receiving & shipping log + other data required for audits / certifications
- Capture customer orders in QuickBooks
- Respond to customer / consumer enquiries
- Assist Sales team with consumer shows and demos (back office + customer facing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Hard working
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability and comfort working in a kitchen / warehouse
- Good communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent
- Thrive in a fast paced and start-up like environment
- Desire to learn and grow • Entrepreneurial mindset
- Diploma or undergraduate degree, ideally in Food Science, Food Technology or Culinary Management
- 1+ years of experience in Food Production or Food Service
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We offer an opportunity to be the change you want to see in the food world. Our products are disruptive to the industrial food system and our unique business model ensures we act in the best interest of all stakeholders, including our customers, employees, partners, society and environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Application deadline: February 10, 2019.
- Best of luck! Note, due to the large volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.