Brand Marketing Manager
Who we are :
Good Food For Good is a fast growing Canadian food start-up making a positive difference in lives of health focused people across North America. Founded by Richa Gupta, a mission driven marketing executive with experience building brands at tier 1 CPG. Good Food For Good was created to solve the gap that Richa saw in the market, she wanted to make a difference in two of the world’s biggest food related issues – abundance of bad food leading to 1 in 5 deaths and lack of food that results in 1 in 9 people going to bed hungry. With our unique Buy One Feed One model we have donated over ½ a million meals to help people in need and made a positive difference in millions of meals with our food.
Our award-winning portfolio includes Ketchups, BBQ sauces, and a range of home-made style vegan Cooking Sauces inspired by Indian and Mexican cuisine. All our sauces are USDA-certified organic, sweetened only with dates with no added sugar. Our sauces are non-GMO, free of gluten, refined sugars, soy, dairy or any kind of preservatives. All our products are available in the U.S. and Canada across various retailers including Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, Sobeys, Safeway, Loblaws and on Amazon.com and Thrive Market. Brand is growing fast across North America and we are looking for team members to help us make a difference.
Who we are looking for:
We are hiring a Brand Manager to lead our brand to new heights in both Canada and the US! As a leader, this person will bring to the table powerful strategic thinking and strength of execution to deliver incredible results! This is a unique opportunity to build the brand for all of North America, combining brand discipline with the excitement and pace of a start-up.
To succeed in this critical Marketing role the individual must possess strong business acumen and an intense focus on both the consumer and customer. They need to be able to think about the business strategically, pivot when necessary, and execute fast.
· Develop and execute brand growth strategies to deliver sustainable results, and align other functions to those strategies.
· Analyzes business, brand, customer data and build strategies and business cases with strong rationale, including translating consumer insight to high impact initiatives.
· Manages and leads development and commercialization of new products and ongoing product / packaging improvements
· Lead key initiatives including promotional campaigns from ideation to execution
· Support brand positioning and equity building initiatives
· Lead cross-functional partners to activate brand plans, ensuring timelines are met, budgets are kept, and adjustments are made as necessary
· Project manage creative development marketing plan execution, briefing graphic design and ensuring brand guidelines are followed.
· Lead creative development of marketing materials in close collaboration with graphic designer and digital marketing manager. As a start-up, we are hands-on, fast, and nimble when it comes to creative execution.
· Lead engagement with consumers and partners (complimentary brands)
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Business degree preferred).
· 3+ years of work experience in Marketing (Agency or CPG)
· Startup experience preferred, preferable in food & beverage
· Self-starter with a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit. Experience working in a start-up environment an asset.
· Strong problem solving and sound business judgment; ability to anticipate issues and resolve challenges quickly and effectively with cross-functional team members
· Demonstrated ability to build brand growth plans through superior consumer marketing.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships; build consensus & influence cross functional team members and business partners.
· Strong project management skills to stay on time and on budget while navigating complexity and ambiguity
· Familiarity with key digital marketing and e-commerce metrics is an asset.
This role is for you if you are looking for a unique North American scope within a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and consumer focused Canadian company. Must have food and Beverage experience to be considered.
· Self-Starter / Follow through: Make it happen, be positive, find solutions, don’t take no for an answer
· Drive: You like to win and the challenge of doing better tomorrow than you did today
· Passionate: Personal passion for health, food and making a difference.
· Collaborative: We’re a squad (full-timers, part-timers, advisors, board) that values working together and sharing to make us smarter, faster
· Adaptable: We’re a start-up and we all need to be versatile and open to helping out with what needs to get done
· Leadership: Proactive, connect dots, ask questions, inspire- this role will change quickly as we grow quickly – demonstrate capability to rise and grow your leadership and ownership
· Thinking/Problem solving: Not worried about “mistakes” – just catch and fix and learn, think on your feet, use analysis and numbers and facts to organize recommendations, draw out key conclusions and make decisions
Rewards & Recognition:
· Be part of an exciting hyper-growth emerging brand
· Make a difference in lives through good food – “food is thy medicine”
Please email your cover letter and resume Career@goodfoodforgood.ca