Main Course/ Vegan/ Whole30
Serves 4 | Cooks In 40 Min
Dressed up mashed potatoes with vegan protein and asparagus.
- 1/2 jar Good Food For Good Mild Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds coarsely ground in food processor
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 table spoon avocado oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- 8 yellow potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 table spoon vegan butter
- ¼ tea spoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Good Food For Good Mild Taco sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving. Now you can enjoy the flavor you crave without the bad stuff.
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Cook them till fork tender.
- Drain the water, mash potatoes with 1tea salt, 2 cloves grated garlic, ¼ tsp black pepper and 2 table spoon vegan butter.
- Add unsweetened milk of your choice to improve the consistency.
- Trim the bottom hard part of asparagus after thoroughly rinsing them.
- Pat dry, toss with olive oil and salt.
- Assemble in a baking tray and bake at 425 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pan sauté chopped onion with table spoon of avocado oil.
- When onions are translucent add the pumpkin seed and taco sauce with ¼ cup of water.
- Cook till it reaches a nice consistency.
- Check for seasoning adjust salt if need be.
Layer a good serving ½ cup of mashed potatoes at the bottom and spread them on the plate like the image. Top it with ¼ cup of sauce, spread it evenly. Layer roasted asparagus right on top of the sauce. Garnish with some cherry tomatoes.
If you don’t mind eggs, you can add an omelette roll on top of asparagus.