Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks in 15 Minutes
Chili is a comfort food staple. Besides its delicious and hearty taste, chili could be a nutrient packed dish that’s simple to make! This recipe will only take you 15 minutes with only five ingredients. We’re adding a vegan twist to this traditional ground beef chili recipe. Instead of meat, we’ll be using pumpkin seeds as a protein substitute. Pumpkin seeds may be small, but are packed full of valuable nutrients.
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Mild Taco Sauce
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Cube red onion bell pepper, and sweet potato.
- In a pan add some oil and stir fry the sweet potatoes, you could also air fry them. Once sweet potatoes are almost done (5-6 minutes) add onions and pepper and get some nice charred spots on the vegetables.
- Coarsely grind pumpkin seeds in a grinder. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle. Add ground up pumpkin seeds to the pot.
- Pour 1 jar of our organic Mild Taco Sauce into the pot.
- Fill water into the empty jar and pour into pot.
- Add 2 more cups of water. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust salt if needed.
- Garnish with sliced avocados, dices tomatoes and cilantro.
Good Food For Good Mild Taco sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving. Now you can enjoy the flavor you crave without the bad stuff.
WHY YOU SHOULD EAT PUMPKIN SEEDS:
Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may help protect against disease and reduce inflammation. Studies have shown that they may reduce symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder. They are also high in magnesium, which is important for blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health. Also, nutrients in pumpkin seeds may help keep your heart healthy by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol.
A 28g serving of pumpkin seeds has 7g of protein, 5g of carbohydrate and 13g of good fats (6 of which are omega-6s).
SHOP THE PRODUCT: Organic Mild Taco Sauce