Main Course/ Whole30/ Dairy-Free
Serves 4 | Cooks In 25 Min
Butter Chicken is the first thing that comes to mind when people think of Indian cuisine. It's creamy delicious sauce is mildly spiced with notes of cardamom and cinnamon. Traditionally, tandoori chicken marinated in yogurt and spices, is added to the gravy, simmered on low to allow the chicken morsels to absorb the creamy sauce. In restaurants, sauces are made with butter, cream, tomatoes and spices, and contain added sugar to give sweetness to the gravy.
This simple to cook Indian butter chicken recipe is paleo, keto & whole30 approved. Made with our homemade-style vegan Butter Chicken Sauce, loaded with flavor instead of sugar, additives and dairy.
Food photo courtesy @nutritionblooms
- 1 table spoon oil of your choice, we used organic coconut oil
- 16 oz of cubed chicken thighs or 16 oz of cubed extra firm tofu
- 1 jar Good Food For Good's Butter Chicken Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté chicken or tofu till golden brown on all sides for about five minutes. Be careful to not overcook. If using cast iron pan, add a bit more oil.
- Add the whole jar of Good Food For Good Butter Chicken Sauce.
- Simmer for a five-six minutes till sauce has reached the desired consistency.
- Serve it with keto naan or keto cauliflower rice.
Good Food For Good's Butter Chicken Sauce is made with all organic ingredients and has only 25 calories/2g of net carbs per serving. It uses superfood hemp seeds to add the creaminess and just a touch of dates for sweetness keeping total sugar to be 2g per serving of ¼ cup of sauce.
- Whole30 Butter Chicken: Recipe above is perfect for Whole30 diet, use cauliflower rice to devour this ultimate Whole30 Butter Chicken. Who knew you could eat this delicious and easy whole30 butter chicken on a round!
- Vegan Butter Chicken: Replacing Tofu for chicken makes a super delicious vegan butter chicken serve it with a good vegan naan or a serving of basmati rice.
- Keto Vegan Butter Chicken: Tofu is a great replacement for this easy Keto vegan meal, serve with cauliflower rice and you will be enjoying a delicious low carb vegan Indian meal in minutes.
- Paleo Butter Chicken: Recipe above is perfect for Paleo diet, use cauliflower rice to devour this easy Paleo Butter Chicken.