Are you looking for a meatless main to make for your family this Whole30 month that's vegan-friendly? How about something creative like this easy roasted cauliflower tikka masala recipe? High in protein, fiber and infused with our Whole30 Approved Indian simmer sauce. In this dish, we used our no added sugar Tikka Masala Sauce to spice up and transform your regular cauliflower roast! This recipe is delicious, plant-based, and a great way for the whole family to enjoy it together.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce
- Parsley or cilantro, seeds for garnish
Inspired by northern Indian Cuisine, this fresh organic Tikka Masala sauce is dairy-free and made with ripe tomatoes and wholesome spices. Tangy, spicy, hearty, delicious - our home-made style Tikka Masala sauce will have you licking your fingers, all day long! Best part, it's plant-based, Whole30 Approved, Vegan-, Keto- Paleo-friendly.
- Steam the cauliflower head in a steam basket for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and oil an oven safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients - tahini, paprika, garlic and Good Food For Good Tikka Masala sauce together to make a dressing for the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower in the center of the dish and coat it with the dressing.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley or cilantro, and seeds.
To prepare this recipe, choose a fresh and good looking cauliflower. Depending on the people you are cooking for, adapt the size of the cauliflower. Our recipe is made with a medium-size cauliflower and it serves 4 to 5 people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSWhat is difference between chicken tikka masala and butter chicken?
Butter chicken, also known as murgh makani in Hindi, is a creamy blend of tomato sauce and spices while tikka masala has a creamy tomato gravy and onion sauce. Tikka masala is less creamy than butter chicken. Tikka masala is also slightly spicy while butter chicken has a slight sweetness to it.
Is tikka masala an Indian curry?
Yes! Even though it's one of the most popular dishes in the Western world, tikka masala is a recipe originated in India. Some say, the dish’s origins can be traced back 5,000 years ago to India.
SHOP THE RECIPE: Vegan Whole30 Approved Tikka Masala Sauce