Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Serves: 2
Main Course | Keto-friendly, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Of all the things we love to grill in the summertime, kebabs definitely top the list - delicious and fun! We layered chunks of chicken with chunks of veggies and plenty of marinade using our no added sugar BBQ sauce for big flavor. The kebabs are easy, crowd-pleasing, and you can serve them up any way you like: simply shower the charred chicken with Good Food For Good Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce or pair with the season’s freshest produce.
- 1 and 1/2 pound chicken (or cut of choice), diced into 2 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lemon
- 1 jar of Good Food For Good Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped cilantro or green onion for garnish
Good Food For Good's organic Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce is the boss! It's got everything you want in your sauce: sweetness, spice and bold flavor without any added sugar. It will blow your mind!
- Add chicken, red pepper and onion to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Add Good Food For Good BBQ sauce in the bowl and mix to evenly coat, set aside.
- Let steak sit in the marinade for at least 20 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Once done, skewer vegetables with meat, alternating between them.
- On a grill pan or grill, cook the skewers for 5 minutes on each side, or until steak is done to preference.
- Pour the sauce over grilled chicken & vegetable skewers to make it juicier and top with additional cilantro or green onions.
We chose to use chicken thighs because they are juicier than chicken breasts. Chicken breasts tend to dry out a lot quicker. When skewering, be sure to leave a small amount of space between the meat/veggies to allow pieces to cook thoroughly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you barbecue kebabs?
To barbecue chicken kebabs to perfection, lightly oil grill grates and heat over medium to high heat. Grill kebabs for about 8-11 minutes, turning every few minutes, until cooked through and lightly charred on all sides. Use a good no added sugar sauce to marinade. Another pro-tip is to cut the vegetables and meat used for bbq, slightly larger than the spaces between the grill grates.
How long and at what temperature do I grill chicken kebabs?
Whether you grill it upright for beer can chicken, or on its back, the preferred temperature range for your grill is 200-300°F (93-149°C). We also recommend heating your grill to medium-high heat.
Shop Organic Sugar-Free Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce