Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
Gluten-Free, Keto, Whole30 Approved
Shakshuka is originally a North African dish but over the years it has become a signature dish across the Middle East as a substantial breakfast or lunch fare. Power-packed with flavours, this one-pot recipe is made of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion, garlic, and spices. Shakshuka can be seen in so many shapes and forms and today we’re making a Whole30 version of it with an Indian twist. We used the Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce and poached the eggs in it.
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado
- 3-4 olives
Inspired by northern Indian Cuisine, this fresh organic Tikka Masala Sauce is dairy-free and made with ripe tomatoes and wholesome spices. Tangy, spicy, hearty, delicious - our home-made style Tikka Masala sauce will have you licking your fingers, all day long!
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of avocado or coconut oil.
- Pour the entire jar of Whole30 Approved Tikka Masala Sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Make four (4) pockets in the sauce and crack open the eggs.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the eggs.
- Allow the eggs to poach in the sauce for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Based on how runny you like your eggs, increase the cooking time.
- When done, garnish with some fresh cilantro, sliced olives and avocado.
- Enjoy it by itself or serve alongside a side salad and roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
Top your Shakshuka with sliced kalamata olives, avocados, microgreens or pair it with a side salad & some roasted potatoes for a complete and delicious Whole30 meal. You can also sauté some cubed onions and red peppers in coconut oil prior to adding the Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce for a boost of vegetables.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is shakshuka?
Traditional shakshuka originally came from North Africa--Tunisia is said to be its place of birth--but it is quite popular in the Middle East and you'll find variations of it in Palestine, Israel, Egypt and many other places. (And there is even a fun Tikka Masala variation of Shakshuka we created that can be made in just 30 minutes!
Shop Organic Whole30 Approved Tikka Masala Sauce