Main Course/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks In 30 Min
A classic style vegan meatloaf recipe made with a base of chickpeas. Whether for Christmas, other festivities or for those nights you simply want something really hearty, this moist and healthy vegan recipe is a perfect winter holiday meal!
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks Chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas 398 ML (Drained and Washed)
- 1/2 Cup GF Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed + 5 Tbsp Water)
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoon Good Food For Good Ketchup
- ½ Jar Good Food For Good Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
Traditional ketchups have over 4g of sugar per tablespoon which is more sugar than 1 Chips Ahoy Cookie. Good Food For Good's Organic Ketchup is sweetened only with dates and has only 1g of natural sugar per tablespoon.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F, and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a non-stick pan, on medium heat cook the veggies until they are semi soft.
- In a bowl prepare your flax eggs by whisking the flax seed and water together. Set the flax eggs aside for it to become goopy and egg like.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and press firmly into the pan. Cover the loaf pan with aluminium foil.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove aluminium foil and lather with Good Food For Good BBQ Sauce
- Bake again for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving!