Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 4 | Cooks in 30 minutes
These Fiesta Sweet Potato bites, packed with healthy fats, iron, magnesium and zinc, are an excellent side at anytime!
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Good Food for Good Spicy Ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 organic sweet potatoes
- Salt to taste
For Taco Sauce
- Mix Spicy Ketchup, cumin, cayenne, salt and water.
For Pumpkin Seed Filling
- Soak pumpkin seeds in water for at least 4 hours. Rinse and rain soaked seeds and coarsely grind them in a food processor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a heavy bottom pan and sauté onions until nice and golden.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic to the onions and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring well.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring well.
- Add the sauce and allow the mix to cook until the water is absorbed and all the flavours are combined well. Add salt to taste.
For Sweet Potato
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and remove any blemishes.
- Slice them into 1/2"-3/4" slices.
- In a big bowl, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, 1 teaspoon of grated garlic, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add all the potato slices in this bowl and coat them with oil and garlic bix.
- Bake on a tray for about 15 minutes until you insert a fork without resistance.
- Top with a good amount of pumpkin seed mix and a good serving of guacamole.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy a delicious side.
Traditional ketchups have over 4g of sugar per tablespoon which is more sugar than 1 Chips Ahoy Cookie. Good Food For Good's Organic Spicy Ketchup is sweetened only with dates and has only 1g of natural sugar per tablespoon.