Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks in 30 minutes
Cremini mushrooms are closely related to common white mushrooms, but they have a darker hue and richer flavor. A simple Whole30 recipe with the added benefits of healthy fats, manganese, iron, magnesium and zinc from pumpkin seeds.
- 1 can raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 20 Cremini mushrooms (wiped and stem removed) 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Good Food for Good Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Cashew Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Soak pumpkin seeds in water for at least 4 hours. Rinse and drain soaked pumpkin seeds and coarsely grind them in the food processor.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onions and mushroom caps. When they are done, add the pumpkin seed mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Allow the mix to cook and all the flavour and water to be absorbed by the seed and onion mix.
- Coat the mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and lay them on a baking tray.
- Fill the mushroom with the seed mixture and top with cashew cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 300F for 15-20 minutes until cheese is nice and golden and mushrooms are done.
Our BBQ Sauce is made with all-organic ingredients and has only 15 calories/2g of net carbs per ¼ cup serving.