Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, Whole30
This recipe requires only 3 main ingredients - Good Food For Good Classic BBQ Sauce, Shredded Jackfruit (boxed or canned) and plantains to make tostones. It cannot get easier than this. This is a great vegan option.
- 1 box/ can shredded jackfruit
- 2 tbsp Good Food For Good BBQ Sauce
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 green plantain
- Salt to taste
- Red onions
Open a world of flavor with our organic no added sugar BBQ Sauce, sweetened only with dates. Our sugar-free BBQ Sauce produces a perfect balance of smokey and savory flavor that works with just about any cuisine. Best part? It is suitable for all diets. You're welcome!
For BBQ Jackfruit:
- Cook shredded jackfruit as per package instructions.
- Add 2 tbsps of BBQ Sauce and mix well.
- Peel and slice the green plantain in 1” thick pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet and fry the plantains until softened and golden, about 4 minutes each side.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the fried plantains on a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each piece of fried plantain. Smash them enough to flatten out, but be careful not to make them too thin or they will break apart.
- Fry the plantains a second time in the same coconut oil, 1 minute on each side to briefly crisp the plantain.
- When done, remove on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle some salt.
- Scoop a spoonful of BBQ Jackfruit on a piece of Tostone.
- Garnish with sliced red onions and cilantro. Enjoy!
For a non-vegetarian option, simply swap the shredded BBQ jackfruit with shredded BBQ Pork.
Shop Organic Sugar-Free Keto & Whole30 BBQ Sauces