Snack/ Whole30/ Vegan
Serves 2 | Cooks in 1 hour
Pumpkin seeds are loaded with healthy fats, manganese, iron, magnesium and zinc. 1 cup of raw shelled pumpkin seeds contain a whooping 45 grams of protein and a lot of good fats. A great plant-based substitute that is loaded in fats, proteins and micronutrients.
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Good Food for Good Spicy Ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb organic baby potatoes
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mix Spicy Ketchup, cumin, cayenne, salt and water.
Pumpkin Seed Filling
- Soak pumpkin seeds in water for at least 4 hours. Rinse and rain soaked seeds and coarsely grind them in a food processor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a heavy bottom pan and sauté onions until nice and golden.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic to the onions and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring well.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring well.
- Add the sauce and allow the mix to cook until the water is absorbed and all the flavours are combined well. Add salt to taste.
- Rinse the baby potatoes and remove any blemishes.
- Boil potatoes in a heavy bottom pot until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and keep aside.
- In a big bowl, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, 1 teaspoon of grated garlic, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add all the potatoes in the bowl and coat them with oil and garlic mix.
- Preheat oven to 400F and get a baking tray ready.
- Smash the potatoes gently either with a big fork or potato masher. Top them with the pumpkin mix and bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until nice and golden.
- Top the baked potatoes with a dollop of Spicy Ketchup and garnish with cilantro.
Traditional ketchups have over 4g of sugar per tablespoon which is more sugar than 1 Chips Ahoy Cookie. Good Food For Good's Organic Spicy Ketchup is sweetened only with dates and has only 1g of natural sugar per tablespoon.